FN:s Högkommissariat för mänskliga rättigheter välkomnar synpunkter på hur artikel 11 i konventionen om rättigheter för personer med funktionsnedsättning ska tolkas. Kommentaren blir viktig för hur staterna ska tolka artikeln och säkerställa att människor med olika funktionsnedsättningar får hjälp och skydd i samband med humanitära nöd- och risksituationer.
Högkommissariatet har ställt samman olika frågor som vägleder och underlättar för er att lämna synpunkter.
Synpunkter måste vara inne senast den 15 juli och ska skickas till firstname.lastname@example.org
FN:s högkommissariat önskar få svar på föjande frågor:
- Does your country have laws, programmes or action plans dedicated to the protection of persons with disabilities on situations of risk and humanitarian emergencies? For example through, but not limited to, the following provisions:
(a) Ensuring inclusion of persons with disabilities within the wider humanitarian and risk reduction response system.
(b) Promoting good practices, such as, community case management systems; effective delivering of specialised disability services for example, health and rehabilitation; training staff to recognize protection risks.
- Does your country provide for participation of persons with disabilities in the design implementation and management of disaster risk reduction, humanitarian response and risk management in its laws, policies and strategies regarding, for example through the following actions:
(a) Engaging with persons with disabilities, in decision-making processes regarding preparedness and responsiveness, disaster-management actions plans, the creation of risk assessments tools, production of disaster-related information, among other related issues;
(b) Ensuring that persons with disabilities and their representative organisations are represented at national and regional mechanisms on sustainable development, climate change and disaster risk reduction agendas as well as in schemes for the protection of civilians;
(c) Ensuring that management bodies at camps and temporary shelter include persons with disabilities, to ensure that the delivery of programmes and protection offered are adequately meeting their needs;
(d) Ensuring the availability of appropriate and accessible forms of communication including different languages, display of text, Braille, tactile communication, large print, accessible multimedia as well as written, audio, plain-language, human-reader and augmentative and alternative modes, means and formats of communication, including accessible information and communication technology.
- Does your country have programmes or action plans that ensure a human rights-based approach to the inclusion of persons with disabilities as a target group in situations of risk and humanitarian emergencies, on an equal basis with others? For example including, without limiting to, the following actions:
(a) Integration of CRPD awareness and capacity-building training for policy makers, practitioners and community-based workers involved;
(b) Dissemination of guidelines and frameworks that address an approach that is inclusive of persons with disabilities on risk management and humanitarian responses;
(c) Creation of context and program-specific action plan for the inclusion of persons with disabilities.
- Does your country have laws, policies and strategies for risk reduction, preparedness and responsiveness, and humanitarian emergencies that put in place an independent monitoring and accountability mechanism? Please briefly describe the functions of the mechanism regarding persons with disabilities.
- Does your country disaggregate data on persons with disabilities, including gender, age and impairment disaggregation, when facing situations of risk and humanitarian emergencies?